. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
Leyton’s first public park was the James Lane Recreation Ground (now called Abbotts Park, and pictured above). A section at the Leigh Road end was donated by the property developer Abbott family 1.
Coronation Gardens (photo above) was opened near the Town Hall in 1903 2.
2 ‘Coronation Gardens, The Oral History of an Urban Park’ published on the web by Waltham Forest Oral History Workshop