. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
In 1853 the parish church of St Mary’s the monuments to the Hicks family were transferred from the chancel to the bottom of the tower. It was well over a century since the Hicks family had sold the manor of Ruckholt, and there was renewed interest in church decoration and ceremony.
1860 (beginning of urbanisation)