. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
The Green Man inn was established an unknown length of time before 1660. The Plough and Harrow appears in the records in 1651 and the Robin Hood in 1670 (it later became the Red Lion and recently several name changes). All these inns were on the High Road through Leytonstone, where in 1686 there were 17 beds for guests and stabling for 57 horses 1. It was too near London to be in great demand for an overnight stay. By 1686 there was a King’s Head at Leyton Green.
1 Behind the Bar, The Licensed Trade in Waltham Forest - Waltham Forest Oral History Workshop