. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
The Lawrence Moyer who inherited the family property (on what is now the south side of Hainault Road near the junction with Leyton High Road) was happier to support the Church of England than his sea captain father, and helped pay for a new vicarage. In 1693 only Sir William Hicks and Sir Josiah Child contributed more to the cost of enlarging the chancel of the church 1 , which was not a cause a Puritan would have supported.