. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
landscaped grounds and gardens (continued)
Forest house never seems to have had more landscaping than a curving approach for carriages, some fine trees, and modest ornamental gardens. The landscaping of Forest House seems to have been limited for the wealth of its owners. Sir Gilbert Heathcote got permission in 1709 for an avenue of trees. By 1742 there was a grotto in the ‘grove’ paved with black and white marble. Later generations inherited a curving approach for carriages, some fine trees, and modest ornamental gardens.